No products in the basket.
Job Title – Coffee Roastery Assistant
Full Time / Permanent
Salary Circa £16k depending on experience and skills.
We are a speciality coffee roastery in Marsden, near Huddersfield looking for a permanent, full-time Roastery Assistant to join our production team.
The role is based within the production team and involves supporting the processing, roasting, packing and dispatching of customer orders. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with real enthusiasm for the coffee industry and who is looking to create a long term career in coffee, or artisan manufacturing. As a small, but growing business, there will be room to grow within the role by having the opportunity to work in a variety of different aspects of the production process.
The role will include (but is not limited to):
• Packing roasted coffee
• Preparing coffee packs/labelling bags/making up boxes
• Picking orders and preparing them for dispatch, with extreme accuracy
• Weighing out green coffee
• Keeping accurate paper-based and computer production records
• General up-keep of equipment and cleaning around the roastery
• Sample roasting, assisting with cupping and tasting of coffee
We are looking for someone who is passionate about their work and would like to learn more about coffee. Great customer-service skills are crucial as you will be a regular point of contact when delivering orders or dealing with customers in the roastery.
• Proof of right to work in UK
• Competent in numeracy and literacy
• IT literate – competent in MS Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
• Willingness to get stuck in and quick to learn
• To be aware that this can be a physical role – stooping, lifting, carrying weights up to 18kg
• Patience and meticulous attention to detail; understanding the importance of speed
• Ability to work efficiently, diligently and cheerfully as part of a small team and independently
• A current valid, clean UK driving licence is preferable but not an essential requirement
• Excellent at multitasking, prioritisation and organising own workload
• A desire to learn and expand speciality coffee knowledge
• An ambition to develop a career within the business as it grows
• Be extremely reliable and punctual
• Be flexible with regards to the work required for business needs
Please send us your CV and a cover letter/email setting out why you would like to join our business and what you think you could bring to this role. We will only consider applicants who include a cover letter/email and who can demonstrate that they meet the requirements of the role.
Email applications to email@example.com;
Post to: Ian, Dark Woods Coffee Ltd, Unit 3 Holme Mills, West Slaithwaite Road, Marsden, HD7 6LS.
Closing date 30 September 2018 5.00pm